Aerobics & Strength Training
- Sandi Creger is ready to help you combine the benefits of aerobics and strength training.
- Monday - Friday
- 8:15 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
Clothing & Textile Advisers
- Clothing & Textile Advisors (CTA's) are trained volunteers dedicated to providing clothing, textile and needle arts education to the public.
Community Center Monthly Activity Calendar
- There is always something happening at the Steilacoom Community Center. Click on for the latest monthly calendar of events.
- Our expanded exercise room offers machines, free weights and several pieces of aerobic equipment including two powered treadmills.
- Open during normal Community Center hours.
- Don't miss the local artists' presentations at the community center gallery. Every month a new showing is presented at this free gallery.
- The gallery is open during normal center hours.
- Instructor Ali Francis will lead you through warm up, strength/endurance, balance, cool down, final stretch and relaxation at your own pace.
Hula for Seniors
- Fridays 12:30 p.m. - Free!
Jackie Sorenson Aerobic Dance
- Are you a dance person? Join Beverly, Leslie and other members of the class as they "strut their stuff."
- Mondays and Wednesdays
- 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
League of Women Voters
- Second Fridays; 10:00 a.m. - Noon
Let's Play Bridge!
- Learn and enjoy this exciting card game
- Wednesdays from 9:30 a.m. - Noon
- Thursdays from 11:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
NW Furniture Bank
- NW Furniture Bank helps restore hope, dignity and stability in our community by recycling donated furniture to people in need.
- Visit the NWFB website for acceptable items: nwfurniturebank.org
Piecemakers Quilter Group
- This particular skill continues to be passed down to each new generation. Everyone is welcome!
- 4th Mondays; 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Polynesian Dance Class
- Mondays; 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- This stretching and strength training class will promote flexibility, strength and energy.
- Presented by Wendy Field
- Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays
- 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sew & Sews
- Enhance your sewing skills. A variety of needlework projects are always in progress. Bring your latest project to work on and share your expertise with fellow sewers. Why not stay for lunch and meet some very interesting residents at The Lunch Bunch?
- Wednesdays; 9:30 a.m. - Noon
Steilacoom Food Pantry
- Call 253-581-1076 to sign up for the scheduled distributions of food and for information on our emergency food availability.
- Second and Fourth Saturdays
Traditional Okinawan Karate-Do
- Do you want to learn the basics of this very disciplined activity? We have a world champion coach who wants to share her expertise with you.
- Instructor: Katsumi Davis
- Tuesday - Thursday
- 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. (13 years and older)
- Tuesdays for the musically inclined (and for those who want to be). Instructor Don Yoder, Ed.D., will have you strumming like an Islander in no time!
- Mondays - Beginners; 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays - Intermediate/Advanced; 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Your guide to healthy and sensible weight loss.
- Mondays & Wednesdays; 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.