- Could you spare 15 - 20 minutes at a time serving the FANTASTIC seniors of this community? If so, please click here for additional information. Thank You
Aerobics & Strength Training
- Sandi Creger is ready to help you combine the benefits of aerobics and strength training.
- Monday - Friday
- 8:15 - 9:15 a.m.
- Join us for Bingo prior to the Lunch Bunch!
- 11 - 11:45 a.m.
Blood Pressure Checks
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Chair Exercise for Seniors
- On Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. and Fridays at 11:00 a.m., a group of adults gather around and exercise to the beat of Priority One, a set of instructional videos "created for those who are new, or returning, to fitness. Getting Started offers basic, low-impact moves and simple routines."
- To participate, consult your physician and then complete a release form available at the front desk.
- Great activity right before BINGO
- It's FUN and it's FREE!
- Don't forget to bring your water bottle
- Need more information? Contact Tati Stowers at (253) 581-1076
Clothing & Textile Advisors of Washington
- Clothing & Textile Advisors (CTA's) are trained volunteers dedicated to providing clothing, textile and needle arts education to the public. Click here for more information.
- 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. on Fridays
- Our expanded exercise room offers machines, free weights and several pieces of aerobic equipment including two powered treadmills.
- Open during normal Community Center hours.
- First Tuesday of the month
- 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Call for reservations
- Instructor Ali Francis will lead you through warm up, strength / endurance, balance, cool down, final stretch, and relaxation at your own pace.
- 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Senior Session: 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Hula for Seniors (New)
- Fridays 12:30 p.m. - Free!
Jackie Sorenson Aerobic Dance
- Are you a dance person? Join Beverly Leslie and other members of the class as they "strut their stuff."
- Mondays and Wednesdays
- 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
League of Women's Voters
- Second Fridays
- 10 a.m. - Noon
Let's Play Bridge!
- Learn and enjoy this exciting card game.
- Wednesdays from 9:30 a.m. - Noon
- Thursdays from 11:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tuesdays 10 a.m. – Noon
- Learn basic dance steps from Fox Trot, Waltz, Cha Cha, Tango, Latin, Irish to Broadway
and dance to many popular tunes with Charlotte and the gang.
- This is a FREE exercise program that is a great workout for your mind and body!
Lunch Bunch: Senior Nutrition Meal-site
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
- Noon - 1pm
- Call (253) 983-2059 for reservations
Piecemakers Quilters Group
- This particular skill continues to be passed down to each new generation. Everyone is welcome!
- 4th Mondays
- 4 - 5 p.m.
- This stretching and strength training class will promote flexibility, strength, and energy.
- Presented by Wendy Field.
- Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- 4 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Senior & Chair Yoga
Sew & Sews
- Enhance your sewing skills. A variety of needlework projects are always in progress. Bring your latest project to work on and share your expertise with fellow sewers. Why not stay for lunch and meet some very interesting residents at The Lunch Bunch?
- 9:00 a.m. - Noon
- Tuesdays for the musically inclined (and for those who want to be). Instructor Don Yoder Ed.D. will have you strumming like an Islander in no time!
- Beginners: 5 - 6 p.m.
- Intermediate/Advanced: 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Monthly day trips are schedule to selective attractions throughout the Puget Sound area.
- Contact Tati Stowers at 253-581-1076 for more information.
- Your guide to healthy and sensible weight loss.
- Mondays & Wednesdays 6 - 8:30 p.m.